The American author and philosopher Aldo Leopold once said “Ethical behaviour is doing the right thing when no one else is watching—even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”
Our ethics course is going to be aggregate and will aim to address the demand of the exam as well as make you understand the importance of being ethical in civil services. The purpose of introducing ethics papers was to test the ethical proficiency of an aspirant for civil services.
The Ethics Paper is one of the key determinants of cracking the UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination. This paper has the potential of scores ranging from an average of 125 to a high of 160 marks, as opposed to papers such as GS Papers 1 where the average lavitates from 80-90 marks to a high of around 120 marks. Thus, its effective weightage in the total score is very high.
Ethics Classes focus on the following aspects:
- Comprehensive Coverage of Ethics Terms & Terminologies
- Coverage of key issues and expected questions through Questions & Answers
- Quality Note Making & Answer Writing
- Ethics aims to build a theoretical base which is necessary when one probes answer writing.
- Duration of Classes will be 2 – 2.5 hours.
- The course will consist of 15+ (theories) and 3+ (case studies) sessions.